Sunday 17 March 2013

Apologies for the radio silence!

I've had rather a hectic week, so not really had time to blog! I moved out on Wednesday, had an interview both Thursday and Friday, and packing and unpacking is taking up most of my spare time. Plus we don't have internet yet in the new house -- I am using my phone as a wifi hotspot, but it's not very quick and is limited so I don't want to use it all up. Of course, most of my internet usage is used by keeping up with hamster people. I am fairly predictable!

Annie and Darla, ready to go!
Both Darla and Annie were fine during the move. I was concerned at first, as while Annie's cage fits perfectly in the boot of my car, I was not happy with the idea of having her in there! Darla's carrier is still at my mum's house from when I moved out of there six months ago (Darla did the move in his old mini duna, something I would not have done if I had been the one moving him, but it was my mum making the trip with him), so I ended up putting Darla in Annie's carrier, and Annie in the mini duna that had spent the last six months in the shed. Darla was quite contented with sleeping the move away in the carrier, and Annie... Well, she decided that the best thing to do was to pile up the substrate into a mountain in the corner and sleep there!

The blog will be fairly inactive for another few weeks I'm afraid -- we're having a bit of drama getting the internet sorted out, all of the phone companies think there isn't a phone line, although there is quite definitely a socket.

Oh, and a small update on Annie's showing experience. She came fourth (out of six) in pet class at her last show, but since her mix change she has been looking healthier, with a shinier coat and better condition, so I'm going to go ahead and put her in the main class at her next show.

No comments:

Post a Comment